1 3/4" thread.

They only supply a blanking cap or a heater! I want to connect a pipe!

Sponsored Links
It seems like they only want you to connect a heater - like a standard immersion heater is 2. 1/4 bsp thread. an odd size for pipe. Maybe you could get a blank cap and drill ( holesaw) a hole in it to accept a long thread male iron to copper with a backnut on the inside thread to hold it in.

There isn't a 1 3/4 inch bsp, they don't do them. You have to look for other way, why are you interesting in connect to it? What about the hot outlet?

Daniel,

Sponsored Links
1.75"BSPP (parallel) does exist and has 11 threads per inch and 2.116" major diameter

As others have said, get a blanking cap from the manufacturer and either fit a bulkhead fitting into it or have a suitable size fitting brazed on. Whichever you chose, go for the same metal as the blanking cap.

I suspect he wants to inject solar heated water into a directly heated cylinder!

They only supply a blanking cap or a heater! I w
U said that already. And there's a reason for it.
What do u want to connect to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno why it posted the same text...
What I'm trying to do is use a 300l direct Megaflo as a heat store. When the solar buffer tank is hot then it will dump into the Megaflo. Then if I can get a couple of pipes in through the redundant immersion ports (there is a blanked off one in the middle and three at the bottom) then I can also use this cylinder as a buffet tank for the heat pump, as it will work best circulating the primary water straight in and out of the cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back