1 cold (don't think my topic covered yet)!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Burmuda back boiler system.

I have one cold radiator in the system that has been cold since I moved in (2years ago) I have taken off the thermostat and pulled up the pin (which was sticking) but not a sausage. Bled the radiator which had no air in system - any suggestions?

Also always seem to get air in same place (top left, not thermo side) on another radiator. No matter how many times i bleed the boy it comes back to haunt me - help.

Sponsored Links
sounds like system gassing due to its obvious age. if lock/shield valve open already (other side to TRV) then you could have a blockage in system, this would explain the air. could also be ingressing air back down open vent if cold feed blocked. Is the CH water Black? if so this could also point towards corrosion in system. If this is the case. probably would waste your money having it flushed. invest in a new condensing boiler and have your system thoroughly flushed then. let me know how you get on

I have taken off the thermostat and pulled up the pin (which was sticking)
The TRV is stuck shut. Read section in the sticky FAQ topic for correct way to unstick TRVs.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't pull up the pin. You have been decieved push it down and hit it with a pair of grips continually until it returns on its own accord. Spray it with some WD first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back