1 cold rad but trv stuck open...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
1 cold rad in our house. Taken the trv top off and the pin is stuck fully up which i believe means it’s open.
I’ve hit it with a hammer but it’s not moving. Just trying wd40.
Is something else inside it broken as shouldn’t the rad be stuck on if valve stuck open? Needs replacing?
Trv approx 10 years old.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
How do you know its not stuck in the closed position ? Even when closed the pin is usually still a mm or two visible. Try pulling the pin up with suitable grips.if no joy change the valve.

How do you know its not stuck in the closed position ? Even when closed the pin is usually still a mm or two visible. Try pulling the pin up with suitable grips.if no joy change the valve.

I know it’s not closed because as I said in my OP the pin is stuck *fully* up, and I know what a fully up trv pin looks like.
I’m on here to see if there’s a cheaper/easier solution before I go to the hassle and expense of getting a plumber in to ‘just change the valve’ (could cost up to £100 where I live).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back