1 Extractor for Bathroom and Kicthen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys.

I live in a Managed flat block.

I would like to install a Extractor for the Bathroom and for the kitchen.
Unfortunately, the management company have previously only allowed window mounted extractors, which I find weaken the window and are a bit unsightly.

Having spoken to them, they have said I maybe able to have a single extractor outlet drilled into an outside wall.

So, I was wondering:
1. if there was a way of using the sale outlet for 2 separate extraction points.
2. Can I use a multi point for both bathroom and kitchen?
3. Should I use 2 extractor fans pumping into the same ducting?
4. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you venting a kitchen area or a cooker hood in a kitchen?

Hi.
I am venting the keep then area as I already have an internal extractor for the cooker hood.

Thanks

Urgh...

The curse of auto (text) correct...

When you say that you have an internal extractor for the cooker hood. Do you mean that you have a cooker hood that has a recirculating charcoal filter or do you mean that it vents out?

I assume that you mean the former rather than latter. I can definitely see why you would want an externally vented extractor in a kitchen. Would it be possible to run duccting from the extractor hood to the external wall? Most of the steam/smells in a kitchen are generated at the hob. There have been times when I have used the plastic rectangular profile ducting because I could not access the ceiling void. In those cases I ran the ducting through the wall cupboards. The client loses a little bit of space in the cupboards though.

Without seeing a floor plan it is difficult to advise further. IF you are only allowed to have one external vent, then I might be tempted to go for the largest external vent that they will allow (possibly with a back draft shutter- although these could be in the ducting). I would then run both sets of ducting to the vent- not joining them at any point. I can see no reason why they can't both terminate at the exterior vent, side by side. You are still left with the problem of fitting a fan for the bathroom, an inline vent might work but again, you haven't provided enough info. (sorry not trying to be obtuse but without some kind of rudimentary sketch it is difficult to advise).

Sponsored Links
Are you venting a kitchen area or a cooker hood in a kitchen?

Hi.
I am venting the keep then area as I already have an internal extractor for the cooker hood.

Thanks

Urgh...

The curse of auto (text) correct...

When you say that you have an internal extractor for the cooker hood. Do you mean that you have a cooker hood that has a recirculating charcoal filter or do you mean that it vents out?

Hi Thanks for the detailed response.
The management company got back to me, and said they wouldn't authorise any holes to be put in the flat wall, as they where afraid of the structural outcomes.

So, I am stuck with the situation as is, or by putting fans in both the kitchen and bathroom windows.

Thanks any way :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back