1 inch danfoss trv thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace 4 trv around my property. I've been to screwfix but the largest I could find was a 15mm trv. The threading at the rad side was nowhere near wide enough. I measured across the not and got 1inch.
Can somebody advise where I can get one of these as i don't see them on danfoss' website either.
My house was built 1984 Has the industry standard has changed or something???

Sponsored Links
Go and buy new TRV's as they come with everything in the box.

I like the drayton TRV4

Andy

The thread on the trv was too small to fit the nut on the radiator tail.
I bought the 15mm trv from screwfix but the pack doesn't come with any sort of adaptor that enlarges the thread to fit the radiator.

Either change the valve tails in the radiator (some need a special tool) or fit valves with what screwfix describe as a 1/2" fitting as distinct from a 15mm, but I don't think they make TRVs like this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Axel. I was thinking I may need to change the tail but I really couldn't see how they come off. I'll investigate further with some how to searches.

Have a look on youtube, there must be someone on there showing you what and how to do it.

As they say 'a video is worth a thousand words.' :D (or is that a picture.)

Andy

Hopefully it's the rad spanner as I can't see any exposed thead on the sleeving (although that's just me being hopeful. though seeing as i'm changinge 4 I suppose 25 quid isn't too bad.

Thanks H2010

Sometimes its possible to re-fit the old valve to the rad. tail, and use it to unscrew the tail. Not always, but it works sometimes.

Of course, it doesn't solve the problem of how to fit the new tail....

You can still buy the cap and lining type valves (Danfoss) for one.

But it should be easy to take the old ones out and change them over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back