Decorators cap - Danfoss TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't have the cap that came with the Danfoss TRV when it was fitted a few years ago and I need to remove the Rad for plastering.

Can these be purchased anywhere easily? B&Q, Screwfix etc?

I think it is 1/2" but was wondering if there is anything unique about them that will need me to buy a new TRV just to get the cap?

Sponsored Links
If I dont have the cap when removing rads I normally use a short piece of 15mm pipe with a nut and olive on one end and a pushfit stop end on the other, I dont trust trvs not to let by even with the caps on.

Open up TRV head fully, place a 5p on the pin, replace head and turn down. Should be more than safe in these temps.

Sponsored Links
Your trv will probably be half inch thread, pop over to your hardware merchant and ask for a half inch end cap. Turn down the TRV to the frost symbol, drain and remove the rad, screw on the end cap and should the temp in the room hit below 5 degrees and trv opens then the end cap will stop it from pee'ing all over the place.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice!

Just one thing, I noticed the TRV has settings from its highest '5' down to '1'. then '*' (frost?) and finally '0'

Is '0' off?

and if so will the valve not stayed closed in this position?

Yes '*' is frost protection and '0' will probably be totally off. But you may get a bit of a drip and if theirs sludge then the drip may dirty your carpet if you have one. Thats the only reason i suggested the end cap, to simply protect possible damage to soft furnishings in your sweet home.

Thanks for the thanks and hope that helps you.

i purchased some screw on caps with rubber seals, easy as and were only 2 quid from B and Q

To Gasnewb

thanks again,

luckily its in the kitchen of which I am in the process of ripping out so a few drips wont do any harm.

Cheers for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back