Danfoss TRV's, how to make sure they are shut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey,

i have these (see pics) Danfoss TRV's, i cant see the model number anywhere. I want to remove the radiator but how do i know if the TRV is fully closed. Is turning the value to 0 enough for these types of TRV's or do i need the decorators cap etc.

trv2.jpg

trv1.jpg

tia
e

Sponsored Links
Just hope that the valves seal ok, as the little green "decorators" caps that were supplied with these valves were so flimsy that they often split when removing for installation!!!

Looks like they weren't removed for decorating last time either :eek: This is one of my pet hates :evil:

just leave it at 0. it will be fine. the worst you should get is a drip out of it......cover the carpet under the valves for the duration of the decorating.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Looks like they weren't removed for decorating last time either :eek: This is one of my pet hates :evil:

Yeh, why can't people stick a plastic bag over them when they paint?

yep, i can confirm that turning to 0 does close the value of completly, i just took the bu*ger off!!!!

First time drainig the down the system, first time taking a rad of, floorboards up and pipes capped of underneith, system re-filled and back up running, all went like clockwork... and i'm feeling quite pleased with myself so out to the boozer for me.

cheers for all the help folks, much apprechaited.

e

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back