Fitting decorating cap to TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am carrying out a renovation of my living room and it is essential that I remove the rads to get behind them. Rather than draining the whole system I want to just drain and remove the radiator.

I have read the guides and understand that I must seal off the lock valve open the bleed valves and undo the bolts etc to drain the rad. I have decorators caps for the honeywell TRV that I understand I have to fit.

How do I physically remove the TRV and fit the cap? I can't figure out how this is done.

Sponsored Links
below the plastic top part of the valve is a knurled nut undo that and the thermostatic top will come off.
then screw your cap on. which will push the brass pin down and shut off valve.

cheers,
i have unscrewed the trv and when I started to scew the dec cap on a small amount of water started to come out, is this normal? and how tight do I want to screw the plastic cap on?

why bother with the cap when the trv head will shut off the valve? unless you need to put the cap on for access behind the trv head i wouldnt bother.

Sponsored Links
Because they have been known to open and release the water if not capped off.

hmm, i wouldnt buy honeywell ones then cos other ones dont.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back