1 large cold radiator in front rm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can any body tell me the answer to my question.
I have 1 large cold radiator down stairs, i have hot water going into the pipe and basically stopping at the compression nut. I took my radiator off and have drained it and flushed it through with a hose, which released alot if black tar textured water, i then put my radiator back on and turn the valves back on and bled it too. this has still not worked . the pipe going away is also cold . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
did you check the valves were ok and not blocked or stuck, if they were fine then close a valve on every other radiator in the house and try and force the heating through the rad this may clear an airlock

Thanks for the quick reply, ill have a go at that tomorrow morning, just couldnt understand why the hotwater stopped at the nut where you screw the rad onto the pipe, and when i bled it, only cold water came out, :confused:

Hi, i tried turning off the valves on all the other radiators this morning, this was successful and my radiator which was cold then heated up, i left this to heat up for a hour then turned on all the other valves on the radiators, the radiator then went cold again whilst all the others gave out there heat as normal :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Try balancing the radiator circuit. (See Wiki)

(Presume room is cold and not a TVR?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back