1 rad not working, feeding pipes are cold all other rads ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

as you can tell from my username, i am a complete newbie icon_smile.gif

I have just had an engineer round to fix a non working rad in a bedroom, it had not been working for 4 years now - he fixed it in 30 seconds.

watching him inspired my into getting some knowledge, and fixing the one remaining problem i have...the non working rad in my kitchen.

the engineer was pushed for time, so only had a brief look - he removed the TRV and fiddled with a little pin, but this didn't get it to work.

The pipes feeding the rad are cold.

After reading this thread I am going to turn off the heating system, turn the TRV's on all the other rads to zero, then turn on the heating system. - However - if this does not work can anyone recommend any other things I can try? as its bitterly cold in the kitchen at the moment!!

any help is greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

many thanks
dave the total newbie

Sponsored Links
ok I had one in the front room that had not worked for months, I am not a plumber but it is more than likely to be gunk in the rad, what you suggested is a good idea, but if that fails the only way my non working rad worked was to drain and drain the system over and over, I also back flushed it at the drain point with mains pressure by attaching the hose to the drain point and open the drain point and then the tap and forced alot of the c rap out of the system into the feedtank in the loft....they all started working fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back