1 tonne portable concrete mixer!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello folks,
does anybody have any ideas as how to remove set concrete from a mixer :( :( :oops: .its about a third full but set like soddin rock.its been stood in the shed a while but i need to use it again.should have cleaned it out properlast time.i was thinking of hammer and bolster but dont want to knacker it. suggestions anybody :?: thanks

Sponsored Links
There'll be no easy way to remove it 'cos it'll have set around the paddles, only elbow grease and brute force is gonna solve this one, but at least you'll have learnt a valuable lesson. Clean it out before it sets !!

A small kango gun breaker or drill a few holes to break it up should help then chuck a loads of old nut & bolts or any sharp metal object or broken housebricks etc for the final clean.

Sponsored Links
Start a fire inside the drum. The metal will expand more than the concrete, helping it to break up. Next time, clean it out. ( I only have to do this when I have lent my mixer to some idiot who does not clean it out properly)

thanks guys for info.gonna try drilling to see if it frees it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: silly billy me-lesson learnt :cry: :cry: not sure bout fire in it though but i understand the logic between the expansion of the metal casing and the gobbo.neighbours probably would think that one has flew over cuckoos nest.

After you get fed up of using the drill, try the fire , it really works. Much quicker than a drill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back