Concrete foundation for new garden log cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks. I have recently taken down and disposed of a 25 year old shed and have ordered a 10ft x 8ft cabin to go in its place.

Before pic:

In terms of prep, I have dug out the top soil, leveled the area and have put down a 3 inch layer of MOT type 1 hardcore.

What I need to do now is find somebody who can help me mix and pour the concrete, in the North London area.

I have all the materials on site (bulk bags of ballast, sharp sand and cement).

Anybody have any ideas where I can find somebody who is willing to help for the day and who has access to a cement mixer? We will be working together and I'm happy to pay £120 - £150 for the help...

Any ideas would be welcome! :)

Sponsored Links
I would, but I'm afraid I don't have many mates and none that I can think of that are in the building trade.

Anybody here like beer + cash? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Anybody here like beer + cash? :LOL:

I like both but no amount of either would see me venture north of the river again....

;)

Any way I could persuade you, ha? :D

I'm happy to do quite a bit of the labour and get my hands dirty.

I'm just afraid that various things will go wrong:

1. The shuttering will warp / explode and the cement will go everywhere

2. I won't lay the whole lot in time, it will set

3. The consistency of cement might not be right

There's others but these are my nighmare scenarios off the top of my head! :eek:

if youre willing to pay £150 then i would just buy a cement mixer and resell it when you have finished with it....if you can keep it clean.

are you laying a simple slab for you shed base? really is very little that can go wrong.

very easy to get the consistency right as they are straightforward parts of 10, 1 10th cement, 3 10th sand, 6 10th aggregate. cement mixer will do the rest for you in a couple of minutes

should be fairly obvious to knock some 2x2 or something in the ground to support your form and contain everything until it sets.

if you have a mixer and all your materials ready to go then there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to get it all done pretty quickly.

if youre worried about messing something up get someone on the phone as and when you need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back