1 x radiator hot 6 hours after central heating off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the central heating on twice a day, 3 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening and also have the hot water on constant.
We have a normal boiler (not combi) and even after 6 hours of the heating being off one of the upstairs radiators is still pretty hot.
We have 11 radiators and this is the only one that keeps hot.

Sponsored Links
Dont know what you mean, all I can say is that the radiator in question is about 6 foot from the airing cupboard where the hot water cylinder is.

Sponsored Links
In the past we normally have the hot water heating and hot water on together, we have only just started having the water heating on constant since we have changed from an electric shower to a power shower.......well will have when it's installed after the tiling has been finished anyway!

Let me guess is it in your bathroom? As seco says bypass or rad used in summer to keep your naked body :LOL: and or towels cosy when bathing/shower. Piped into HW circuit. To turn off either use rad valve or turn HW off.

even if you have the hw on 24 hours it won't be firing the boiler up constant 24 hours it only takes hour top to heat a full cylinder of water.
unless your cylinder hasn't got a stat.

what mot valves have you got 1 x 3 port or 2 x 2 port ?

If it's not being used as a bypass rad then the chances are your pipework is configured incorrectly and allowing reverse circulation. The correct way to sort it is to reconfigure the pipework. An easy get out isto chuck a TRV on the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back