1 year old wood sash windows spares - plastic trim required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for checking this post

A year and a bit ago the builders fitted wood sash windows to a new row of terraces (we are not in a conservation area and there are few other wood sash windows in this area).

I am looking for some plastic trim that was fitted inside and outside of the windows. It covers part of the plastic covered spring that is fitted and also prevents the lower window being raised too far and the top window being lowered too far (there are 4 per sash window).

The plastic trim measures 170mm x 40mm and has 4 upstands to it so that if laid flat it has 3 channels along its length. The upstands on the sides are about 7mm deep and the 2 upstands in the middle about 13mm deep - all 170mm long.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get more of these plastic trims from - preferably in a longer length so I can cut them myself. Thank you for any assistance.

- retired plumber

Sponsored Links
don forbes phone on 017380880329
get all my lead wieghts and anything for sash and case windows from him
he ships abroad orders too

l take your on about the stops for spiral balance windows

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies

Sorry about my late post (due to ill health)

The plastic trim covers the spiral spring

The soft wood sash windows were fitted in 2007 and I am trying to identify
the manufacturer and also gain knowledge if a glass unit needs replacing.

I have uploaded some pictures to my albumn if anyone thinks they might be able to help or is just interested in softwood sash windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back