100% cpu usage

eggplant said:
I can do it in 30 mins, I dont need a job but I'm happy to be "subbed out"
good old cd with SP2 and updates slipstreamed with a nice unnatended install, turn on pc, hit a key to boot from cd, go for a brew and a fag, come back and its done :)

Ah, but I'd expect you to do it in 15!. ;)

Sponsored Links
ok guys so far so good fresh install,all downloads complete , shes running better,taken a while to do the updates , could be problem solved .......
next problem hdd 160 gig mmmmmmm not showing 160 but 149 i know u guys got the knolledge........thanks in advance and belated thanks for the other input...tony

tonygerm said:
ok guys so far so good fresh install,all downloads complete , shes running better,taken a while to do the updates , could be problem solved .......
next problem hdd 160 gig mmmmmmm not showing 160 but 149 i know u guys got the knolledge........thanks in advance and belated thanks for the other input...tony

There is nothing wrong. It's all to do with the manufacturer quoted value of 160GB being 160 000 000 000 bytes, where in reality a GB is 2 to the power of 30 which yields 1073 741 824 bytes. If you divide the former by the later, it yields approx 149GB.

thanks again igorian , fair dooos u know your pc stuff.heres another one for u ...another 1 of my pc takes an age to fire up xp again welcome screen then black for 1 or 2 mins ,any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
tonygerm said:
thanks again igorian , fair dooos u know your pc stuff.heres another one for u ...another 1 of my pc takes an age to fire up xp again welcome screen then black for 1 or 2 mins ,any ideas ?

You'll have to provide a few more clues.

turn pc on.....windows xp screen .... then nothing just a blank screen couple of mins later off it goes working fine.so what im saying is why the long delay ..all my other pcs load in about 30 seconds

tonygerm said:
turn pc on.....windows xp screen .... then nothing just a blank screen couple of mins later off it goes working fine.so what im saying is why the long delay ..all my other pcs load in about 30 seconds

It could be anything. Possibly a driver loading or timing out. What happens when you start it in safe mode?

Sponsored Links
Back