104 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Have a look at this quick video I made of my boiler fireing up and the water pressure going right up and then it cutting out with a 404 error. what do you think?
Thanks
FF

Sponsored Links
Good evening ff,

According to your manual (if it’s the correct one Ariston E combi evo) e104is insufficient circulation, and judging by that video, appears that there seems to be a couple of issues. My advice is to obtain the services of a gas safe engineer to sort that for you.

Thanks.

Attachments

• E56507DC-72D8-4640-815F-F3C8350F2624.png
    E56507DC-72D8-4640-815F-F3C8350F2624.png
    759.4 KB · Views: 655
I think you have a 104 error code and not a 404 error code, your pump has stuck/failed

Cant edit my original post
You say its the pump, I though these boilers worked off of mains water pressure. Do you know where I can get a workshop type manual for this or do you know where the pump is located?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cant edit my original post
You say its the pump, I though these boilers worked off of mains water pressure. Do you know where I can get a workshop type manual for this or do you know where the pump is located?

Thanks

You shouldn't be working on a gas appliance if your unsure about anything. The pump is located inside the boiler and removing the cover on some boilers for non qualified people can be seen as dangerous.

Remove the large screw
You say its the pump, I though these boilers worked off of mains water pressure
Yes the secondary water is mains water in and mains water out, but the water collects its heat from a thing called a Plate heat exchanger, this uses the same water that heats your radiators to transfer the heat to the water that comes out of your taps, the two waters never meet (well unless there is a fault )the pump only pumps the water around the boiler , the water coming out of your taps is not connected to the pump in any way

Great link to a manual BTW
So should I start by checking there is no blockages to the pump first?

check to see if the pump is spinning
how are you supposed to see if it spints, do i have to remove the pump and strip it down or something?

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_205727_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20191107_205727_hdr.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 373
how are you supposed to see if it spints, do i have to remove the pump and strip it down or something?
No the big brass srew at the front of the pump, is just a cap , remove that and see if the shaft is spinning, if it isnt that is your problem but you can sometimes free them by spinning the shaft with a screwdriver , have a towel undr the pump when you do it as some water will come out

so you unscrew the brass cap and water squerts out, should it stop pooring water out at some point?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back