Ideal Logic boiler FA error code help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help to identify the reason for my 3 y.o. Ideal Logic Heat H24 boiler displaying FA error code. Heating and hot water is working but boiler starts heating up and after a few seconds cuts off displaying FA code, then restarts automatically and cuts off again. It is working but obviously takes longer to heat up. It got serviced last months and engineer said nothing wrong with it and it's probably a faulty pump. A new pump was installed last year, I've contacted the company and reply was as pump is not displaying any error codes then it's fine. I checked diagrams for the boiler, it shows return pipe on the left and flow on the right. But when the boiler was heating up - the left one was hot and the right one was cool. If somebody can help me to identify the reason for the error code, I can then get boiler or pump company back to fix this. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
FA means flow and returns are reversed as you have found out, post a pic of the pump and associated pipework sounds like it is fitted in the wrong direction

Thanks Ian. Here are some pictures. The arrow on the pump is facing down.

Attachments

• DSCN2218.JPG
    DSCN2218.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN2219.JPG
    DSCN2219.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN2220.JPG
    DSCN2220.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 218
If that's a mid position valve above it then the pump should be pumping upwards but check that the pipe that the pump is connected to is the boiler flow pipe.

Sponsored Links
Would the boiler still work if the pump was fitted incorrectly? As the engineer who did the service said it wouldn't work at all. But it's working just displaying this fault...

It may work like it is now, stopping and starting, just check out the pump arrow once more and if the pipe is from the boiler flow then the pump orientation must be changed, the head should then also be turned so that the label is upright.

The arrow on the pump is definitely faces downwards. Not sure how to check if the pipe is from the boiler flow.. it is warm..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back