10mm pipe and 15mm TRV.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I have 10mm plastic pipe feeding a radiator in my bathroom. On one side I have the TRV and the other the valve. The compression joint at the TRV to pipe is leaking. I have tried tightening it a bit but its slightly worse so I think I am just mangling the olive...

At the valve end the 10mm goes into an adaptor into what looks like 15mm pipe and that goes straight into the valve. At the TRV end the 10mm goes into the bottom of the 15mm fitting but there seems to be a big olive(?) in there. I'm guessing this is a reducer that fits into the compression fitting.

I would ask the plumber that fitted it back but he did the job as a favour several years back as he was dating the wife’s cousin at the time...

Is this what I am looking for?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pem061510wp-straight-reducer-15-x-10mm/89950

Will the 10mm pipe go into one end, and I can then put an insert an olive on the other end that I am hoping is 15mm and put that on the TRV?

Thanks!

David.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why? Because the pipe will almost certainly be too short to reach the valve - unless there's about 2" of play - if it is currently fitted into a reducer which then goes into the 15mm connection. It sounds as if it's ugly already. ;)

A picture of the current installation would help.

Pictures of the two sides are below, one is the valve and not leaking and one is the trv. The trv is leaking at the top of the nut for the join to the pipe.

I'm not sure if this is right but I am thinking that when I replace the connector on the trv I will need to to cut the pipe back so using the same setup as the valve end should buy me some length to play with?

Thanks for all the help so far!

Cheers,

David.

I was until you suggested it! I'll wrap a bit of tissue around it and check! Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back