Installing a TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a few TRVs to install, however, there seems to be a few issues:-

1) C/H pipe - The 15mm to 10mm adapter that comes with the valve will require cutting back the existing olive and possibly jointing a new piece of 10mm pipe on - should I just cut it back put a 15mm to 10mm reducer, a bit of 15mm pipe and use the standard 15mm compression fitting that comes with the valve?

2) The radiator tail connection is 22mm, the new TRV valve is 15mm, if I remove the existing tail, the radiator the socket is too large for the 15mm tail that comes with the valve. I would need a 22mm to 15mm tail connection, but I can't find them anywhere.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
I have bought a few TRVs to install, however, there seems to be a few issues:-

1) C/H pipe - The 15mm to 10mm adapter that comes with the valve will require cutting back the existing olive and possibly jointing a new piece of 10mm pipe on - should I just cut it back put a 15mm to 10mm reducer, a bit of 15mm pipe and use the standard 15mm compression fitting that comes with the valve?

2) The radiator tail connection is 22mm, the new TRV valve is 15mm, if I remove the existing tail, the radiator the socket is too large for the 15mm tail that comes with the valve. I would need a 22mm to 15mm tail connection, but I can't find them anywhere.

Please help!

the radiator tail connection is not 22mm but 3/4". you need to get a 3/4" to 1/2" mi reducing bush,any good merchants will stock them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back