10mm to 15mm Duravit Close Coupled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a duravit close coupled toilet to install.

The feed in is designed to work with 10mm piping.

I guess that I need a female to male 15mm coupling but I can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Erm... should have searched the forum first :oops:

It looks like I can use a 15mm to 3/8ths flexi- just out of interest is 10mm really 3/8ths or an approximation?

3/8" suggests BSP, i.e. the size of the float valve's threaded inlet.

Does the loo come with a tap connector/isolation valve? If so, this is probably 3/8" BSP female at the end which attaches to the float valve, and accepts a 10mm pipe. By using the flexi you mention, you would disgard the above and use the flexi in its place, taking you straight from 15mm copper pipe to the float valve's inlet.

Otherwise use a 15mm, 3/8" tap connector. They are available, though at a price, seemingly, e.g. http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/YORKS_YP62_15MM_X_38_STR_TAP_CONNECTOR

Or that's what I think you're describing!

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

The toilet comes with a fmale outlet and then they supply a nut, rubber washer and split olive. The instructions say to connect a 10mm pipe.

Given that it is German I wasn't sure if the fitting was 3/8ths or a real metric. Others faced with the set up have suggested 3/8ths to 15mm flexi hose- I shall pick one up and see how it goes.

Opps just re-read your post- i am going to connect the 3/8ths to 15mm flexi to the underside of the cistern at the male connection (and leave the internal flexi in the cistern as is).

The flexi http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-3-8in-x-300mm/77793 seems MUCH cheaper than the connector you found, thanks for finding it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back