10mm TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you get a TRV that is solely a 10mm backnut so I don't have to use these olive things and try and cut off the backnut.

I've got a Danfoss one from Screwfix and as it didn't state all the measurements I thought it would just be a 10mm olive like a lockshield I replaced for mother last winter.

I can easy change with a standard one but don't feel confident enough with these combiened olive things. Do the Pegler Terrier 2's come in standard 10mm or any other in that range?

ta

Sponsored Links
Just get the reducer from your local plumbing supplier and ask them how to put them in the fitting, job done.

to somebody that has done it before but i've never done it and its the mil pipework! :LOL:

Can i put a nick in it then pull it off or is the 10mm too moveable?

Sponsored Links
TBH just as easy to cut right through the olive. Do that then get a flat bladed screwdriver down it and bend it off using pliers if necessary.

I think you will find it pretty easy even if never done before :)

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by 10mm too moveable?

10mm can be bent easily by hand but if you are careful can't see there being a problem, if thats what you mean?

what I mean is I don't want to dent the copper or cut into it when I take the old olive off

a slight nick should get it off tho? Can't be doing with the mil bending my ear if she has to get a plumber in.

Have done loads of my 15mm and a lockshield for her just don't get why trvs don't come like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back