110 mm solvent bend instead of push-fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to have a 110 mm soil pipe emerge from a wall within a kitchen roof cavity (indicated in green in image), this then emerges from kitchen roof and connects to external stack.

stack.jpg

I presume there's any point in having an access port on the 92.5 degree bend (indicated by red arrow) since there's no hatch in the kitchen ceiling to access it. The branch section at the stack will have an access port in any case, so I hope this would be sufficient.

I had intended to use a push-fit single socket bend at this point (pic A below), however after learning on the forum recently that weld-fit fittings are best to use in concealed areas instead of push-fit fittings, I'm not thinking it would be best to use a solvent-weld bend instead (pic B below). Pic B shows a double socket bend since I think it would have to be this to weld at both ends of the bend.

I'd appreciate any comments on this, in that, if you think this is the correct way to go. Thanks!

A)
bend1.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/yaastlbz

B)
bend2.jpg

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't be worried using either of them. A lot of stacks are not accessible but use push fit.

Sponsored Links
With soil pipework, provided the joint is made properly with ring seal fittings, and the pipework is adequately supported to prevent any movement, it's highly unlikely to ever leak unless disturbed. Wastes are a different matter, always use solvent weld waste where it cannot easily be seen or accessed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back