120mm ducting for cooker hood

19 Jun 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Greetings DIYnot-ers. Apologies in advance if this has ben answered elsewhere already and I just failed to find it...

I'm installing a NEFF cooker hood, which has a 120mm diameter output port - yes, 120mm, NOT 125mm. Initially I thought I wanted a 125mm (so-called 5") to 100mm (so-called 4") adaptor followed by some flexible PVC 100mm ducting (plus jubilee clips for either end of the hose/ducting) which I ran off and bought from the builders merchant. Turns out though, the output port from the hood really is 120mm (which, to be fair, it states in the installation instructions) so the 125mm-100mm adaptor is no good. Rang up NEFF and the bloke on the phone told me to just use 120mm pipe/duct, therefore no need to use an adaptor of any sort at all. Except I can't find 120mm pipe anywhere. Does it really exist? Is he having me on? Can I get a 120mm-100mm adaptor anywhere (again, tried and failed to find one)? Everything seems to be 125mm or 100mm, but no sign of 120mm in any of the usual places (Screwfix, Homebase, B&Q etc., local builders' merchant).
Sponsored Links
This thread is as relevant now as it was then. ALso looking at a hood with 120mm outlet port. TLC seem to be the only place to sell 120mm pipe but they also call it "5 inch" which is more like 125mm and wouldn't fit. A lot of hoods have 120mm ports. What do you do ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links