Cooker hood ducting at 120mm, reducer 125mm to 100mm

16 Sep 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I recently installed a new integrated cooker hood in my kitchen and a handyman ducted it to the outside. Previously the air was recycled into the kitchen.

The diameter of the exhaust on the cooker hood is 120mm.

The ducting kit we bought is 100mm.

We needed a reducer to go from 120mm to 100m, but the one I've found is 125mm to 100mm.

It's all plugged in and it seems to be doing the job, but yesterday I had the cooker hood on full power, and I noticed that there's air escaping from the small gap that exists between the cooker hood exhaust and the reducer.

I haven't been able to find a reducer to go from 120mm to 100mm.

Any ideas to seal that gap of 5mm to prevent air from escaping? Or anyone that can think of a different way to make it fit properly?
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links