12v outside PIR light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking for a 12v (or similar) PIR outside light. Low power - just illuminating a small area by a door.

Searching finds a fair number of 12v LED outside lights, but not with PIRs. The available separate 12v PIRs seem to be non-waterproof, i.e. for inside use.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If it is a one off for your own house then it is possible to remove the components in the PIR that convert 230 volt AC to ELV ( most run at about 12 volt ) and then supply the PIR with 12 volts DC

It has to be a PIR that switches the lamps with a mechanical relay.

There is THIS expensive but good quality 12 volt PIR

If it is a one off for your own house then it is possible to remove the components in the PIR that convert 230 volt AC to ELV ( most run at about 12 volt ) and then supply the PIR with 12 volts DC

Yes, I had considered similar ideas, but if I buy something in the hope that it’s easy to convert then sod’s law says it will be the odd one out that doesn’t work like that

There is THIS expensive but good quality 12 volt PIR

It’s not waterproof (IP50); there are plenty of cheap ones that also aren’t waterproof.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back