12VDC Geared Motor Battery Advice

Is 8RPM good enough for turning?
A bit fast, I think. And anyway, AIUI variable speed is a useful feature - fast at the start, then slower once the meat starts to brown.

Also there's the issue of how are you going to mount it? How are you going to shield those wires from the heat of the BBQ?

How are you going to connect the shaft to the spit?

You're going to have to buy quite a bit more stuff and do quite a bit of mechanical construction to be able to use that motor, which will need to be well done or it will jam, and I can't help noticing that despite the title of the item, in the body it says "Widely used on auto shutter, Pan/Tilt camera, Slot machine, Money detector, Coin refund devices, etc." - nothing about ovens, BBQs etc.

My advice is to abandon the project now, while you've only wasted £8.40, and look for a purpose-designed complete BBQ spit accessory.

Sponsored Links
... and I can't help noticing that despite the title of the item, in the body it says "Widely used on auto shutter, Pan/Tilt camera, Slot machine, Money detector, Coin refund devices, etc." - nothing about ovens, BBQs etc.
Im pleased to hear that you "couldn't help noticing" ...
Widely used on auto shutter, Pan/Tilt camera, Slot machine, Money detector, Coin refund devices, etc.
... does not bode very well, because those are mainly very low power/torque applications.
:)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well - if I do that again when the interval between the "repeat" post and the "original" one was short enough for it to be perfectly reasonable for the "repeat" to have been started before the "original" was posted, feel free to take me to task.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back