1300Ah battery fully drains after 10-15 mins drilling into concrete post - Battery faulty???

However if I've got multiple masonry things to drill, I get the titan corded sds drill out.
titan weights 6.3kg! I want something much lighter 2-3 kg at max, thus it's gotta be cordless

For what it's worth, I have the DC 996 dewalt and 5 amp batteries. I've put a 12mm hole through a reinforced concrete post and it takes about 30 seconds, using a 12mm masonry drill bit, on order to put a bolt through.

How much did you pay for it including charger and batteries?

Sponsored Links
titan weights 6.3kg! I want something much lighter 2-3 kg at max, thus it's gotta be cordless

How much did you pay for it including charger and batteries?
The Macalister one is 2.6kg. Mains drills need heavier duty electrical components to handle the mains voltage, but don't include a battery, which makes it about equal. The titan is a beast, mostly to serve as a concrete breaker.

Sponsored Links
Pointless saying “I’m patient” and spending 10 mins drilling a hole, you’ll be damaging your hearing and burning out the drill bit.
Get an SDS, if you’re any kind of DIYer it’s a game changer and you won’t look back. As said above you don’t need a premium price one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back