14 Watt too much on caravan supply.

Surely you've got one of those the wrong way round?
Nope, it means exactly what I meant it to mean - you seem to have mentally deleted the word "given" while interpreting it.
I'll re-arrange it for you :
Given that they can't be bothered to ... I would have a rather low expectation ...

Sponsored Links
I would hope two USB sockets would not use 5W between them, I thought there was an agreed 1W limit for equipment on standby, so with the exception of a Sky box which powers the LNB, be it a USB outlet or a DVD recorder if not actually being used, it should only draw 1 watt max.

The MiHome monitor will show a lot more when using Raspberry PI it seems to monitor output, but into their own little box it only shows watts, but it is not what it records but how often the info is sampled, sitting there with my tablet it seemed caravan was using a steady 16W, but plugging in a second stand alone monitor the display was jumping between reading so fast it was hard to read, it was changing every second, 16W and 23W then a 5W and the PF was going from 0.09 to 0.79 and going crazy.

The sockets could be BG or LAP, the BG data sheet says nothing but max output, as the LAP it seems they do auto electrics, can't find any mains stuff except for screwfix site. MK state 150 mW standby power, but it seems only MK say what they use. Screwfix do not seem to know what they sell does, I have found a few errors when they answer questions. I bought a cheap thermostat which had single pole change over relay which could be configured either default open or closed. They said it was on/off not change over. OK small error, but means can't trust adverts.

Got batteries now for clamp-on, but 1W = 0.004 amp and it will not measure that. Even 16W is only 0.07 amp don't think it would measure that either. All I can do is use the plug in power meters and remove the two USB sockets, but that means flicking out the bungs on the holding screws so really don't want to do that unless there is a real fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back