15mm Copper Tails to 15mm Thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to connect the kitchen sink to the supply.

The copper tails say they are 15mm at the end, and then the main supply is 15mm also.

After being unable to locate 15mm x 15mm hose with one end push fit and the other end to be able to connect to the supply, I have read on some of the topics on here of similar issues before and that its been advised that the 15mm x 1/2 inch is correct.

I have found this, which i think would work but I want to double check; http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing...-inch-BSP-Flexi-Hose-500mm-Pack-of-2-10457552

2hn4al5.jpg

I have attached a photo to show the current set up.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you run it in copper? Get a piece of copper tube and 2 compression elbow and 2 straight coupler, can be speedfit fitting and copper tube.
But an extra olive and nut for that both isovalve coming out of back board and fit copper tube into it.

Daniel.

As Danny says, do it in copper. Flexi hoses, apart from looking terrible and being less reliable, are massively restrictive to the flow of water as they have much smaller internal diameters than pipe

Thanks for your responses.

The reason I haven't really thought about using copper is that (although you cant really see it on the photo). The copper tails are right against the board at the top, where as the supply down below is coming out around 5-6 inches, so i thought the bend would be quite difficult to do with copper.

I think it would mean we would have to shorten it from coming out 5-6 inches (which is way the builder did) and make it only like 1-2 inches.

I know my terminology of this isn't great, however it was another case of having a bad builder and now trying to sort out the rest ourselves.

Sponsored Links
The pipes sticking out the back of the cupboard wants cutting back and turned up with an elbow so the valves are vertical

The corrugated overflow tube needs cutting back, as it will fill with food debris and stink.

As to the tap pipes, they are of a soft copper construction, and can with some judicious handling be bent out and away from the backboard, to make connection easier.

Whatever you do do not use solder fittings to make connections, as should you ever need to remove the tap you have to cut it out. Compression, or 'demountable' push fit will be easiest.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back