15mm plastic from concrete floor to radiator behind dot & dab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just done an extension and have laid sleeved 15mm speedfit under new concrete floor with the best i could get to a 90 degree bend against the wall so have a short run of the pipe vertically against the wall. The combination of dot/dab should result in the pipe from the floor being hidden once skirting board is up so my question is what the best way to get from 15mm plastic that weill be behind final plasterboard to the radiator without too much pipe exposure. I am pretty sure I will end up with an elbow behind the plasterboard so not sure if i should stick with plastic or switch to copper or even 10mm.
Any advise appreciated as not done much with plastic before but was advised its a much better option for burying in screed than copper. Its the "lay flat" version but still pretty stiff and hard to straighten out etc

Sponsored Links
Just run it up to a pushfit elbow and then a couple of stubs of copper sticking out the wall at valve centres.
“If” you do ever get a problem, it’s only a bit of plasterboard you’d need to destroy.

It’ll be fine and keep it in 15mm.

Thanks for the advice and it does seem the easy option. I'll use the lock and twist elbow for extra security

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back