15mm tap end tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I bought a few packs of these as they are supposed to be good for connecting flexible pipes to standard isolation valves.

For the life of me I can't get the olive to tighten enough to create a water tight seal. I tighten it as was as I can and I've even tried putting some ptfe on the olive and it still won't tighten enough.

I thought itd be as simple as using putting the tail end into the isolation valve and tightening the nut enough for the olive to create a seal.... It's just not happening.

I have seen videos talking about using them but no actually go through it.... I can only assume I'm doing good something wrong?

Sponsored Links
Photo would be handy,it may be it’s a brass fitting and your using copper olives ( to soft) so brass olives may help

Bigger spanners, grips wont give enough oomph. No reason for copper olives to work.

Use 2 spanners that are at least 10 inches long ,if you still can't compress an olive using them ,you need to join a gym.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about the tap tail adapters?

Only reason they would work is that they're not being tightened enough and as long as the ISO is 15mm. What are you using to hold the valve and tighten the nut up?

Yeah I tried for the life of me and couldn't get them to tighten, tried brass and copper olives and ptfe on the olives. I gave up and bought flat-faced isolation valves instead.

I have a plumber in now doing other work and he has made them work without issue, so clearly its me being crap ha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back