15mm Tectite disconnect?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble with a shower connection, many thnaks for the advice below!

It is on a 15mm Tectite connector but no one seems to do the disconnector tools, does any one have advice on how to release a tactite connector witout the tool, or know where they are sold in the Bournemouth area?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Try commercial wholesalers, Bss Pipeline Center, etc.. Contact Yorkshire, the manuacturers, ask if they know a stockist or if they could send you one. You won't disconnect it without one.

Failing that, cut the pipe.

Depends which type you have. If it has a protruding thin plastic ring, you "simply" push it towards the fitting and pull the pipe out. You can use grips, sideways, for that, with strength!

Other types are non removeable.

Sponsored Links
The term AF in relation to spanners meant "across flats" of the nut.

However it was only used for imperial nuts and bolts.

The metric system for screw threads refers to the outside diameter of the actual thread.

So 15 mm AF is not a genuine spanner size!

Its pretty close to 19/32" but thats not a used imperial size !!!

Tony

I'm sure I have some. You will have got it sorted by the time I could get one to you now though.
15mm spanner or even an adjustable is better than how I last got over the problem using a couple of screwdrivers and a helping hand.
Once you knack the ring up it makes the job harder so take care.

If you haven't sorted it by tomorrow and still want one post back and I'll dig you one out. I know exactly where they are even though I haven't seen them in about 3 years.

But Agile
A spanner with 15mm stamped on it is an across the flats size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back