Fittings. Speedfit/Speedfit Copper versus Tectite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which is recommended?

I notice that speedfit copper and tectite (which is a push fit brass fitting with a plastic element) both have a release tool which seems useful. I cant find a quoted lifespan on tectite but speedfit spec seems to suggest 25 years? Whats the tectite lifespan?

Tectite seem more robust than speedfit. Can anyone receommend Tectite over speedfit or vice versa? Any problems with either of these?

Finally I notice that the current all copper plumbing has an earth link just below the bath tap tails. Once I introduce an element of plastic into the piping network with push fittings - is this problematic and unsafe re: earth connections?

Sponsored Links
Personal preference. I like the way speedfit lets the pipe out when you want. (Like any normal plumbing fitting!) Tectite are hard to remove after a while.

You putyour earth strap on the tap - threaded bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back