Replacing electric shower connected with 15mm copper pushfit elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My electric shower packed in and I was able to find a replacement 'shower engine' online for it, unfortunately it seems like some type of pushfit elbow was used to connect the shower originally.

Could someone please tell me if the connection between the shower and elbow can be disconnected with something like this or if pipes need to be cut, in which case I'll get a professional to look at it. Picture below.

Thanks!

hHHxgX4.jpg

Sponsored Links
If that's Tectite Sprint (which it looks like it is), it's non-demountable.
The release tool you've linked to is for Tectite Classic.

Plus that position wouldn't allow you to get any tool in anyway, I don't think.

Cutting (carefully) time!

If that's Tectite Sprint (which it looks like it is), it's non-demountable.
The release tool you've linked to is for Tectite Classic.

Plus that position wouldn't allow you to get any tool in anyway, I don't think.

Cutting (carefully) time!

Good point not a lot of room there even if it did work. I'm definitely leaning towards admitting defeat now and getting someone who knows what they're doing to connect the water.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Speed and ease of installation + the knowledge that they won't be the one with the problem.
And they're likely to be the kind of person who couldn't make a leak-free compression joint.

Get a dremel and a cutting blade, cut it down the fitting lengthwise then across the elbow midpoint and prise open and off with a plain screwdriver, it'll lever off after that. Use compression for new fitting.

Can you unscrew the plastic inlet where the filter is and just transplant the new shower onto this?

Can you unscrew the plastic inlet where the filter is and just transplant the new shower onto this?

I went down that rabbithole and backed out when I noticed a big spring and bits that i might not remember how to put back together.

Get a dremel and a cutting blade, cut it down the fitting lengthwise then across the elbow midpoint and prise open and off with a plain screwdriver, it'll lever off after that. Use compression for new fitting.

If I'm cutting midpoint would there be a fitting thats easy to use and allows me to keep the shower in the same place?

You need to remove the whole tectite push fit elbow, at/from both ends. Hence cutting it midpoint on the bend, that'll allow you the play to then release it from either end once the lengthways cut is made. Once that's done then a compression elbow should do the same job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back