what 15mm connector to use on electric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am fitting an electric shower and I have the electrics sorted with a electrician mate but with the plumbing I have some questions.

We are fitting a 9.5kW Mira shower and as with most showers it has a 15mm plastic spigot to connect to the incoming water supply. They don't specify but in the picture it shows a compression fitting. Having done this a few times in the past I always feel worried when tightening the metal compression fitting on the plastic spigot, ie that it may snap with the force of the spanner. Obviously I use 2 spanners so I can hold the fitting still while tightening to prevent it trying to twist but wouldn't it be so much easier if you could use a push fit.

The 15mm supply is buried in the wall and poking out through the tiles so it leaves very little to get hold of once all tiling etc is done.

I did phone Mira Technical but was very disappointed with the guy, I felt I knew more about their showers than he did, he ended up saying he could see no reason why you could not use a pushfit, but I felt he was just guessing.

Anyway can I use a pushfit elbow or is there a reason you wouldn't?

After all it is simply a spigot of 15mm

Is there any other fitting you would suggest as a better option?

Obviously with pushfit fittings I could much more easily replace it in the future if needed.

Any advice/guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can't blame the guy on the end of the phone for not being 100% sure what installation problems you have.

What shower is it? IIRC they are pretty much all 15mm pushfit sockets nowadays. However, it is not rocket science... but your description is poor. Can you post a picture?

Try pushfit (although the bodies of these tend to be bulkier and longer), which is an integral design of Triton showers anyway. If it doesn't work then compression - but make sure that you use copper and nor brass olives and don't overtighten on the nylon side since the copper will bite into it quite easily to create a seal.

Sponsored Links
What mira is it ?
I've never seen a mira mi's that don't state what fitting to use.

Don't use a pushfit always use a compression fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back