aqualisa digital quartz concealed plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help?

I am putting in an aqualisa quartz with fixed head - 3 questions....

I have run 15mm copper from the pump to the recommended 1/2in bsp female fitting which is secured to the wall - do I need to wrap the spigot (used to mate up to the shower head) threads with PTFE tape to get a decent seal, and is it OK to just hand-tighten into the bsp fitting? or should I have bought a tapered female fitting?

I'd prefer to have tiled first before fitting the spigot through the 18mm ply walls of the shower i.e. into a tiled+finished surface, but from the design of the spigot/+ particularly washers on the spigot - it seems it is only possible to attach it before tiling around?

also, what is now recommended height for the shower head above the floor of the tray?

any thoughts appreciated!
thanks
andrew

Sponsored Links
just use ptfe or liquid ptfe. just hand tighten no need for a female tapered fitting

tile then fit shower head

does liquid ptfe work better than tape - I am concerned there may be some leakage around the spigot in the bsp female fitting/would liquid be a better bet?

Sponsored Links
not saying it will be better more of personal choice but never had one fail yet with liquid ptfe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back