1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Aqualisa - Quartz Digital Thermostatic Shower, I thought it would start off with less power :)

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by tony7, 12 Aug 2019.

1. tony7

tony7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I got an Aqualisa Quartz Digital Thermostatic Shower installed a few weeks ago.

I had an Mira Event before that and it just gone faulty after 20yrs, so the plumber recommended the Aqualisa.
    I didn't know, that the Aqualisa water flow would start off at more or less full blast :) there is no dial/button to turn the water flow control down just a little, (there is a Boost button but doesn't seem to be working) compared to the Mira, the more you turned the dial the water flow got stronger and turn the dial in the opposite direction, the water flow got weaker.
    I suppose there is nothing can be done about it?

I have set the shower head to a setting were its just not a forceful.

The Aqualisa is OK but I don't see the need for the water flow to be so powerful...or is it just me :)

Thanks in advance :)

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Most people like a powerful shower. There is an Eco setting on the smart valve which reduces tha flow rate. Turn off power, open the box with a Phillips screwdriver, and rotate the selector to the appropriate Eco setting for your shower. Refit the cover, restore the power, and you should have the weedy shower you desire

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tony7

tony7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My plumber said the same, thats what most people want, more power :)

OK thanks for the tip, I will check that Eco setting out, I can always go back to the 100 mph power :) if the other is too weedy :)

Thanks.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local