Aqualisa - Quartz Digital Thermostatic Shower, I thought it would start off with less power :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I got an Aqualisa Quartz Digital Thermostatic Shower installed a few weeks ago.

I had an Mira Event before that and it just gone faulty after 20yrs, so the plumber recommended the Aqualisa.
I didn't know, that the Aqualisa water flow would start off at more or less full blast :) there is no dial/button to turn the water flow control down just a little, (there is a Boost button but doesn't seem to be working) compared to the Mira, the more you turned the dial the water flow got stronger and turn the dial in the opposite direction, the water flow got weaker.
I suppose there is nothing can be done about it?

I have set the shower head to a setting were its just not a forceful.

The Aqualisa is OK but I don't see the need for the water flow to be so powerful...or is it just me :)

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Most people like a powerful shower. There is an Eco setting on the smart valve which reduces tha flow rate. Turn off power, open the box with a Phillips screwdriver, and rotate the selector to the appropriate Eco setting for your shower. Refit the cover, restore the power, and you should have the weedy shower you desire

Most people like a powerful shower.......and you should have the weedy shower you desire

My plumber said the same, thats what most people want, more power :)

OK thanks for the tip, I will check that Eco setting out, I can always go back to the 100 mph power :) if the other is too weedy :)

Thanks.

Hi, I got an Aqualisa Quartz Digital Thermostatic Shower installed a few weeks ago.

I had an Mira Event before that and it just gone faulty after 20yrs, so the plumber recommended the Aqualisa.
I didn't know, that the Aqualisa water flow would start off at more or less full blast :) there is no dial/button to turn the water flow control down just a little, (there is a Boost button but doesn't seem to be working) compared to the Mira, the more you turned the dial the water flow got stronger and turn the dial in the opposite direction, the water flow got weaker.
I suppose there is nothing can be done about it?

I have set the shower head to a setting were its just not a forceful.

The Aqualisa is OK but I don't see the need for the water flow to be so powerful...or is it just me :)

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Tony7

It's not just you! In these days of expensive water heating and environmental concerns about wasting water and energy, I'm sure you and I are not the only people who would like to be able to turn down the water flow on our showers.

I have an Aqualisa Quartz Digital shower upstairs (2014 vintage) and an unpumped Aqualisa shower downstairs, with the ability to fully control the flow rate. Downstairs it's possible to have a very acceptable shower with far less water. Upstairs the shower is set to the eco setting and the boost button makes no discernable difference. I originally had it set to the standard setting and though I haven't measured the difference it didn't seem noticeably faster than eco.

The hot and cold inputs are effectively both fed from the header tank, hot via the hot water tank and cold directly. The tank water level is about 1m above the pump, which is in the loft directly above the bathroom ceiling so I doubt that the input pressure is excessive.

So it would be great to hear from anyone who knows how to reduce the flow rate. It would also be great to hear from anyone (maybe Aqualisa??) who can confirm whether or not such an adjustment is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony7

It's not just you! In these days of expensive water heating and environmental concerns about wasting water and energy, I'm sure you and I are not the only people who would like to be able to turn down the water flow on our showers.

I have an Aqualisa Quartz Digital shower upstairs (2014 vintage) and an unpumped Aqualisa shower downstairs, with the ability to fully control the flow rate. Downstairs it's possible to have a very acceptable shower with far less water. Upstairs the shower is set to the eco setting and the boost button makes no discernable difference. I originally had it set to the standard setting and though I haven't measured the difference it didn't seem noticeably faster than eco.

The hot and cold inputs are effectively both fed from the header tank, hot via the hot water tank and cold directly. The tank water level is about 1m above the pump, which is in the loft directly above the bathroom ceiling so I doubt that the input pressure is excessive.

So it would be great to hear from anyone who knows how to reduce the flow rate. It would also be great to hear from anyone (maybe Aqualisa??) who can confirm whether or not such an adjustment is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Lets hope John :)

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back