16mm pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We’re having some work done but the plumber is working elsewhere, and we have a partially finished bathroom that we want to use.

Everything is plumbed in apart from the toilet, so I just want to put a stop cap on that pipe so we can use the bath. It’s all plastic/uPVC speedfit piping.

I had a spare 15mm compression stop cap and insert, but it wouldn’t fit over the pipe. It looks like the OD is actually 16mm. I’m used to 15mm or 22mm sizes - what connector would I be looking for if I wanted to pick one up tomorrow?

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
What make is the pipe, get a stop end from them. If it's JG or HEP or other normal UK brand then it should be 15mm.

If its JG speedfit, it will be 15mm. If the insert you have is a supaseal one with the o rings, it helps to put the nut and olive on the pipe before fitting the insert.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back