1700 grade paper - anyone used it before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as per thread title. good exp/bad exp and does it cover uneven plaster well?
Cheers ppl!

Sponsored Links
Me personally have never used 1700. I only found out about a few days ago, but i will be trying it out soon. I would assume "knight" that it will not make much of a great difference with uneven plaster.

Third_Eye said:
Me personally have never used 1700. I only found out about a few days ago, but i will be trying it out soon. I would assume "knight" that it will not make much of a great difference with uneven plaster.

Agree with that t/eye (hiya)...
Reckon it will accentuate any bumps and ! if trying to hide a bad crack, when crack moves again it will turn into a thick ripple in linning ...
I've used 'Wallrock' for problem cracks. Its stronger than lining paper and wont ripple. But! as its sooo thick have to make sure walls are real even, as it makes even an eye lash stand out...

Sponsored Links
If you do use it Knight, let me know as I would like to know too what others think.
I am a great fan of the 1400, and that is fairly thick, but I still have to fill cracks and indents as some will still show through, but it does cover quite well.

^ was thinking of using 1700 or 1400. my walls are flat, just in a few places there are raised bits of where the plaster has been patched up. all large cracks and holes have been filled and sanded. do you think the finish will come out well with 1400? cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back