Lining paper - external corners ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All - I'm lining papering a room in preperation to wallpaper over the top. I have seen on other posts here about leaving a hairline gap between drops if covering with paper - would it be ok to leave this gap/join on an external corner with a view to the finishing paper wrapping around the corner and over the join. The reason I ask is that the walls are pretty rough and i am using 1700 grade lining paper which doesn't take on the external corners ( which typically aren't that true) very well and it would just be easier to seam it there. Any advice will be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
nobby i hope i am not to late paper up to corner and let it overhang let it dry and then cut flush with sharp blade.then paper other side and do the same.sand edge when fully dry job done

don't mean to hijack post but am just finishing off lining papering a room and have the one external corner to deal with.

The lining paper will be painted when finished and I have tried to put the walls into a decent shape in terms of sanding, etc, so are fairly smooth.

trasnitboy - should I deal with the external corner in the same manner? will it look okay if I am just painting? I am not using as heavy a grade lining paper, i thinks it 1000 grade

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back