Query about using lining paper in corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about to decorate my bedroom and wonder if anyone can help? I need to line all the walls first, they are plasterboard and when stripping the old wallpaper some of the surface of the board got scraped off. I am planning on vertically lining the walls. I then want to paint 3 walls and paper the fourth. I plan to use 1400 grade lining paper and wonder how to deal with the internal corners, do I overlap as with wallpaper, or will this make visible ridges because the lining paper is quite thick. also if I do overlap will it cause a problem with papering the feature wall because in the corners there would then be 3 layers of paper? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i wouldn`t bother lining the wall, i`d use ready mix joint cement to repair the areas that require it, then the joint cement can be sanded down to a smooth finish, once painted over or wall papered you wouldn`t know the difference...........

I'd line and fill , or fill then line.
Go for 1700 grade.
Just cut straight into corners with no overlap, fill any gaps there when dry with easifill or caulk.
Donty hang the lining paper vertically if you intend to wallpaper over it !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back