using lining paper before painting walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ,
could anyone tell me , when using lining paper , do you overlap it in the corners , as with normal papers , or would this be visible when painted . Are there any alternatives or tips ???????

Sponsored Links
Me personaly, do not overlap lining paper. Just cut/trim into the corner with each wall meeting.

same as third eye + then (when its dry) caulk the corners (together with the tops and bottoms + round door frames etc)

Nice one - thanks for the advice . I assume (being ignorant) does `caulking` mean running a bead of filler down the edge ?????

Sponsored Links
yeah basically, the 'filler' (i use) comes in a tube labled 'decorators caulk' cost £1-£2 when you have done everywhere (but not light switches etc, loosen +paper + paint behind these!) the job will look 10x better.

When I take a lining paper into a corner I cut it so theres about 2-3 mm going around the corner...the next piece I cut tight into the corner..if you leave to much going around the corner then it will form a really unsightly curve when it shrinks and dries

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back