Lining paper paste mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have bought some 1700 grade lining paper to cross line rough walls in my house prior to papering. Have bought Solvite Extra strong paste but not sure what mix I should use for lining paper. They don't state lining paper on the box.I have read that you should use the ready mixed stuff for 1700 grade but is that really necessary as it is far more expensive. Any replies welcome

Sponsored Links
Solvites what I use everyday with all papers inc 1700 ..
a bit under half a 3 gallon bucket of water should do it, whatever you do dont mix it as thinly as the instrucions/guide on the box says ;)

Think your about spot on with that mix LJ. Too thin and it wont do the job in sticking the paper on the walls. I always use Solvite aswell, you can mix in some ready mixed adhesive as well if you need a little extra sticking power.

Sponsored Links
Just lately I've been using ready mxed.. dont shout :LOL: but i been diluting it about 10% It dont need much soaking and sticks round corners first time and dry by afternoon, even in this weather..
Perhaps it's me but lately, I find solvite on the weak side and takes ages to dry out.

I use a lightweight r/m.( Yellow top in brewers Not the heavy fabric paste.)

Years since Ive used readymixed, how much is 10 litres now?

Lovely stuff ready mixed. You really can't beat it ;)
Like Robbie I add some to the Solvite - gives it a good consistency. :eek:

Can't remember how much LJ, but I get it when Leyland/Johnstone's have their Bonanza weeks.

Years since Ive used readymixed, how much is 10 litres now?

The yellow top before vat reductionto 15% was about £11.00 then vat was reduced this made it £12.50 :rolleyes: NOW VATS BACK ITS £14.99 :eek:
You lot noticed how 'list price's went up on vat reduction ;) bastids :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back