papering nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I decided to strip the wall paper in my dining room and lounge,filled any holes,sanded the walls,applied a coat of white emulsion ready for lining paper.

The lining paper went on a treat with no issues so now its time for the top paper started in an appropriate place where seams where not matching after the first few drops I noticed alot of bubbles but just thought it was the lining paper bubbling and these would dry out..but oh no they haven't..

any ideas as to why this is happening?

I used 1400 grade lining paper with solvite paste mixed as per instructions.

the top paper is an Italian vinyl paper (15.99 a roll)

Sponsored Links
it's not vinyl emulsion,its a leyland matt,i put it on to show up imperfections which I went onto fill

You should of sized over the emulsion but I don't think that's the problem anyway.

1)what paste was recommended , I persume ready mixed Adhesive? What did you use?

2) how long were you letting the pieces soak for?

3) cheapo paper can be a pain in the azz at times

Sponsored Links
You should of sized over the emulsion but I don't think that's the problem anyway.

1)what paste was recommended , I persume ready mixed Adhesive? What did you use?

2) how long were you letting the pieces soak for?

3) cheapo paper can be a pain in the azz at times

paste used was solvite extra strong (green bag) not pre mixed though

I pasted 3 pieces at a time hung them then started over

I paid £6.99 a roll thought that was a fair price for lining paper wouldn't expect a good finish with the b and q basics..sure it's made my anaglypta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back