1980 garage build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just trying to establish what timber has been used for my garage roof. It’s a 1980 build. I’m presuming there is a layer of OSB under the felt roof. However, as there is no insulation in the joists so I can also see a second layer of some sort of timber sheet. I’m assuming it’s the original timber used back when it was built. The only way I can describe it is that from underneath is looks a little like straw but its pretty thick and grey in colour and is definitely timber.

I need to seal this timber before I put in Rockwool between the joists as the garage is due to be turned into a recording studio. I don’t really have the option of putting another layer of OSB to cover this up.

I have a few questions:

1) does anyone know what this timber sheeting is?

2) is there a paint or something similar that I can paint over this timber to seal this. I can’t really use expandable foam or sealant as I would need a shed load of this.
I was thinking about maybe using something like

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ronseal-isoflex-liquid-rubber-black-2-1ltr/36010

thanks
Craig

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back