1G 2W Switch Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have at the top of the stairs an old MKG335 Switch which has 2 x L1 and 2 x L2. There are 2 pairs of wires coming into the connection which are both Black & Red, 1 of Each into L1 & L2.

The lights are on a loop with 2G 2W switch downstairs, a 1G 2W upstairs anf this one.

I have bought a 1G 2W switch but it only has a Common and L1.

Which wires go where?, I have tried 2 Reds to common and Black to L1 and vice versa, but while the lights still work the switching is out.

Extra, in an earlier post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4525 there was a diagram showing 3 way switching, which is exactly how I have it wired at present.

What is the middle switch called in the 3W diagram, ie the one with 2xL1 & 2xL2?, that is the switch that I'm having difficulty with because I cannot find that one only a common with L1 & L2

Sponsored Links
Sorted :LOL: , It's a Intermediate Switch that I need :confused: Oh well lets go and see if Homebase have one in their Range (Doubt It :evil: )

I also doubt if homebase do a intermediate switch, but B & Q do sell them and the cost is around £4-00.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back