1st Fix Query For Concealed Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like a concealed shower like this

When doing the first fix, do I need to install some sort of bracket valve?

Or do you simply get the pipe work in correct position?

Sponsored Links
If a plumber is fitting then buy the valve and leave it to him, but you will need it sooner rather than later. If you're DIYing with limited plumbing skills then get it in place and pipe up to it. There's a limited range of how much or little it can stick out of the wall so you need an idea of the depth of the finish on the wall (plaster/tiles) and/or a bit of flexibility on the depth. The valve should have a couple of screw holes to screw it to something.

IMG_20211209_112535177.jpg

IMG_20220106_120141896.jpg

You'll want to get some hot and cold to it to pressure test it before you cover it up (not forgetting to connect up or isolate the outlets).

And don't use pushfit/compression fittings like me!

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_120205765.jpg
    IMG_20220106_120205765.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 59
If a plumber is fitting then buy the valve and leave it to him, but you will need it sooner rather than later. If you're DIYing with limited plumbing skills then get it in place and pipe up to it. There's a limited range of how much or little it can stick out of the wall so you need an idea of the depth of the finish on the wall (plaster/tiles) and/or a bit of flexibility on the depth. The valve should have a couple of screw holes to screw it to something.

You'll want to get some hot and cold to it to pressure test it before you cover it up (not forgetting to connect up or isolate the outlets).
Brilliant - Thanks for the help

And don't use pushfit/compression fittings like me!
Why not? reliability issue?

Would you recommend copper/ solder instead?

Sponsored Links
People will tell you not to use compression/push fit in unaccessible areas as they are potentially less reliable. Unfortunately I have more confidence in them than my soldering skills. Worst case I'll keep a few spare tiles in case I need access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back