1st time post, need help with new bathroom!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys 1st post so be gentle.

please refer to uploaded pic.

new bathroom.

reducing size of airing cupboard to allow me to move up pan and basin by about 10 inches so i can fit in a shower enclosure in the corner with mixer shower on exteriror wall. bath moved to right hand wall as you walk in. towell rain instead of rad.

waterpipes need moving for bath taps, basin taps and sunk in wall for mixer showerr. waste pipes need running under floorboards of if any1 can work out an ingenious bit of boxing in id be open to suggestions.

any advice you think i might need or suggestions would be very welcome.

floors and walls will be tiled.

i guess a flexi would take care of the toilet move, im confident id be able to move the taps fopr the basin and bath ok. its the stuff like the mixer shower and the waste pipe problem where im stuck for ideas and methods.

cheers guys and girls!

Sponsored Links
Now then, where to begin.

First, you need to check that the reduction in size of the combi cupboard allows sufficient space in front of it for cervicing - the manufacturers website will have details of this in the installation guide.

Second, avoid flexi for the pan. If you can go straight through the wall and make a new/adapt the current connection to the soil stack, so much the better. Neater finish, and flexi's have a habit of getting clogged up

Waste pipe for bath - which way do the joists run?

Shower - similar question as above for the waste.

As for the mixer, channel out plaster would be one way, false wall would be another (along the rightmost wall of your picture), which would allow for pipes, including bath waste, to be hidden. Means you'd lose 5-6" of room space though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back