1x Thermostatic valve to control 2 radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to install two radiators in the same room, with approx 2 metres between them. I'd like one of them to have a thermostatic radiator valve that controls both radiators, so that the two radiators act as a single unit. Is this possible?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do you think having one TRV will be more beneficial than having one on each rad ?

Both rads will be installed on the same wall with a sofa inbetween. I'll calculate the combined BTU to be appropriate for the room. To me it make sense to have them work as a team and evenly distribute the heat.

I don't want them to be in conflict with each other. Perhaps that wouldn't happen and two rads with a TRV each would be fine. I'm happy to be instructed on what the usual approach is.

Fitting a TRV to each rad is the usual approach. The TRV senses the air temperature ,and closes/ opens accordingly.

Sponsored Links
You can do this. You feed the return pipe from the first into the flow for the second. All intermediate valves should be fully open, use only the second rad's return valve to balance the pair as if it were one long radiator.
I have used this method before in a room where the occupant wanted one control (TRV) to turn off both radiators in that room.

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back